Musicians and artists creating community events of original music and art to enliven Southern Orange County's culture.
Newgate Music & Arts, originally Newgate Chamber Orchestra, was founded in January 2016 by Chase Chandler and Joris Hoogsteder. As the primary manager of the group, Chase led the ensemble through a year of success with four concerts, thousands in ticket sales and donations, and a growing support system. Now, as a non-profit, Newgate plans to implement a new business plan to be announced in the coming months.
As the founder, executive director, conductor, and resident composer, Chase Chandler plans to carry Newgate into another year of success.
For more info about Newgate Music & Arts, visit Newgate Orchestra.
A post shared by Newgate Music and Arts (@newgateorchestra) on
- M.M. in Music Composition (Cal State University, Fullerton)
- B.A. in Vocal Performance & Music Education (Concordia University, Irvine)
- A.A. in Liberal Arts (Saddleback Community College)
- Newgate Music & Arts; executive director/founder (1/16 to present)
- Private Music Teacher (May 2010 to present)
- Diocese of Orange; cantor (May 2014 to present)
- First Church of Christ, Scientist, Newport; vocal soloist (March 2015 to present)
- First Church of Christ, Scientist, Laguna Niguel, vocal soloist (May 2016 to present)
- Graduate Composition Area Award (May 2017)
- Alan Mannason Composition Scholarship (May 2016)
- 1st Place, 8th Annual POSA Vocal Competition (Jan. 2014)
- Principal Trumpet in Pacific Symphony Youth Wind Ensemble (2008-09)
- Finale, Sibelius 7, Logic Pro Studio X
- Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere, Soundbooth)
Copyright © 2013 - 2017; Chase Chandler. All rights reserved.